Loader Operator - Mobile Car Crushing - #2188852
American Iron and Metal
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Take recycling to a global scale.
Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3 000 000 tons of metal every year across the globe. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to the maximum of their capacity. For more than 80 years, we have been uniting our strengths to make a positive difference. Join our team to contribute to our company’s growth and to support our recycling activities in North America.
It’s simple: we do it right. We aim for excellence.
The Leadman/Loader Operator reports to the Car Crushing Operations Manager, Regional Manager. The Leadman/Loader Operator is responsible for the preparation of cars for processing, as well as ensuring that all efforts are compliant with the company Health, Safety, and Environmental standards. Duties may include the operation of loader, car crusher, or other equipment to assist in the lifting, and moving of materials, as well as preparation of vehicles to be crushed. This person should possess knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. This position may provide directive to the Groundsman/Laborer to ensure all duties are carried out to meet company needs and adhere to company policies/procedures as well as environmental regulations.
- Ability to work in a noisy and dusty environment inside/outside of the shop
- Knowledge of metals (an asset)
- Work experience with forklift and/or valid license to operate a forklift (an asset)
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment
- Ability to: sit frequently; stand and walk frequently on uneven ground and throughout the yard; lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally; push and pull occasionally when moving materials
- crouch or bend at the knees consistently to move or access materials or equipment
- Mental dexterity needed as Leadman/Loader Operator will work independently while demonstrating attention to detail and continuous awarenes
- High School diploma, GED Certification, or experience in a similar role preferred
- Capacity to work in remotely Monday through Friday (overnights)
- Health and safety awareness
- Good physical condition
- Attention to detail; ability to do repetitive work
- Punctuality and diligence
- Capacity for teamwork
- Full time and permanent position
- Overtime available
What we offer:
- ON-SITE TRAINING!
- Work clothes and boots
- Free parking
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. The masculine form is used solely to make the text easier to read. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.