Customer Service Representative - #2189632
Portland Glass. is hiring a Customer Service Representative - At Portland Glass, we believe in treating our customers the way we want to be treated in every interaction and in the service we provide. With that at our core, Portland Glass is known throughout the industry as a leader in promoting professionalism and believes in work life balance, while ensuring the reliability of glass services and the safety of customers. Our continuous improvement of quality control and workplace safety has helped to set us apart from our competitors. In fact, our Glaziers and Customer Service Representatives are recognized as the most dedicated and knowledgeable in the field. We have been doing business in the New England market for 75 years, with over 33 shops, 2 fabrication facilities, a customer service center and a HQ in Portland, ME.
Customer Service Representative Benefits
- WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Major Medical - menu of services that range in cost from free-up
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Uniform Allowance
- Paid Training Programs
- Bonus pay and Incentives
- Top notch company culture built on a foundation of trust and genuine caring for each other- join our PG family
No experience? No problem. We are happy to train you and help you learn about our company and our highly specialized industry
- The ideal candidate would have a background in customer service and possess the skills necessary for success in a customer facing - service business
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
What I will be doing everyday:
- Answering phones,
- Assisting customers,
- Processing paperwork,
- Generating sales
- Following up on estimates and quotes,
- Scheduling installations.
Customer Service Representative Qualifications
How I will succeed:
- Assisting customers and improving the service experience
- Organizing my workday
- Demonstrating a willingness and aptitude to learn the PG protocols and best practices
- Utilizing my awesome people skills
- Effectively multi tasking
- Using my fantastic computer skills
Customer Service Representative Work Habits
- Must possess a strong work ethic, i
- Must be honest and trustworthy with a commitment to satisfy all customer needs.
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
Customer Service Representative Safety
- Follows company safety policies and procedures, including wearing required personal protection equipment.
Customer Service Representative Professionalism
- Maintains enthusiasm and friendly nature while interacting with customers, vendors and coworkers.
- Maintains a clean work space
- Exhibits a professional image in the areas of personal cleanliness, grooming and company dress standards.
Customer Service Representative Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines, equipment, and handling light materials and supplies in a typical office environment and shop setting.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writings.
- Physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
- Must have a clean background and driving record.
- High school diploma or GED is required.